AMIE Recognition Issue Latest Update News on 25 Apr 2017:-
1. Initially MHRD recognised AMIE as there was no regulator in place to do this job. Check the Recognition in www.ieindia.org.
2. A clarification notification was released clarifying about the letter dated 16 Jan 2006 shown above, that AMIE is valid for the purpose of employment in central government. Check Image below:-
3. MHRD slowly withdrawn itself and formed separate a regulatory body AICTE to recognize and monitor technical education.
4. AICTE formed its own regulations and rules for technical education and not approved technical education in distance/non formal mode.
5. But MHRD already approved these courses in distance/non formal mode so AICTE didn't interfere with it but reviewed syllabus.
6. Approximately one year before releasing the notification regarding Non recognition of AMIE, MHRD has released notification dated 10 Jul 2012 (shown below) to align the AMIE syllabus as per NVEQF. But nothing happened till non recognition order was released.
7. Now MHRD totally withdrawing itself from approving/recognising technical education in distance mode and handing over to AICTE. MHRD asked all such Institutions to align their courses as per NVEQF (a new skill based vocational certification system in flexible mode as per international trends) and apply for fresh approval of AICTE. MHRD clarified that Students enrolled upto 31 May 2013 are eligible as AMIE for employment. Check Image Below:-
8. Now there is conflict to recognize engineering in non regular as AICTE doesn't approve it.
9 . So now the story is that MHRD withdrawn recognition and now AICTE to handle it.
10. Now AICTE wants to frame new rules for engineering in distance mode or they want institute to align with NVEQF (a new skill based vocational certification system in flexible mode as per international trends).
9. IEI filed Writ petition in Delhi high court and the orders of MHRD notification dated 10 Jul 2012 and 06 Dec 2012 are subject to final outcome of the case.
Presently case is pending in Delhi High Court and the next date of hearing is on 25 Apr 2017 (You can check the current status of the case in following link).
12. Court accepted case Institutes vs. UGC/AICTE.
13. Benefit is that if we will win we will get AICTE approval or UGC approval as MHRD doesnt recognise this education anymore.
14. If we loose ( chances are v. Less), institutes need to apply fresh for getting AICTE/UGC approval and will have to abort the admission until they are approved. So IEI will apply for fresh approval by aligning as per AICTE guidelines.
15. In both cases AMIE will get AICTE/UGC approval which will resolve problems of proving our education as equivalent to BE.
16. So be positive. AMIE is going to get AICTE Approval in Future.
17. Recognition update on 11 May 16:-
18. Recognition update on 24 Oct 16:-
AMIE/IETE/ICE/IME(I) court case was heard on 24 Oct 16. Presently case is pending in Delhi High Court and the next date of hearing is on 25 Apr 2017